Released On: March 17, 2022
Expires On: April 17, 2023
- Physicians — maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Nurses — 0.25 contact hours of nursing continuing professional development credit (NCPD) (0.25 in the area of pharmacology)
- Pharmacists — 0.25 contact hours (0.025 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit.
All other health-care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of neurologists, advanced practice clinicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other members of the healthcare team caring for patients with MS.
- Podcast 1 reviews considerations for starting disease-modifying therapy for a patient recently diagnosed with relapsing MS.
- Podcast 2 dicusses strategies for managing some of the symptoms experienced by people living with MS.
- Podcast 3 dicusses the evaluation and management of breakthrough disease activity.
- Podcast 4 reviews issues related to vaccinations and MS disease-modifying therapy.
Upon completion of these activities, participants should be better able to:
- Examine relevant data for choosing an appropriate DMT based on patient-specific characteristics
- Incorporate evidence-based benefit-risk assessment and utilize shared decision-making in the development of individualized treatment plans
Anne H. Cross, MD, FAAN (Program Chair)
Professor of Neurology
Manny and Rosalyn Rosenthal and Dr. John L. Trotter MS Center Chair in Neuroimmunology
Section Head of the Neuroimmunology/MS Section
Washington University School of Medicine
Lori Mayer, DNP, NP-C, APRN, MSN, RN, MSCN
Assistant Medical Director
Robert K. Shin, MD, FANA, FAAN
Professor, Department of Neurology
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
For questions about this activity, please contact Catamount Medical Education at [email protected].