Released On: January 6, 2022
Expires On: January 6, 2023
- Physicians — maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
This educational activity is directed toward neurologists and MS subspecialists. Nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and other health care professionals involved in the treatment and management of patients with MS will be invited to participate.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an inflammatory disorder of the central nervous system characterized by demyelination and neurodegenerative progression. Most patients with MS experience relapses and remission of neurological symptoms, especially early in the disease course. Advances in understanding of the immune mechanisms that contribute to MS have led to the development of many disease-modifying therapies that target effector T cells, regulatory cells, B cells, and cell trafficking into the nervous system.
This online on-demand virtual webcast brings together renowned experts in MS. In this activity, 3 key thought leaders explore the latest data regarding current and emerging therapeutic strategies for the management of patients with MS. This lively discussion will help place new developments into clinical context to help you optimize care for your patients with MS.
This educational activity is an archive of the live virtual webcast held on December 9, 2021.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Review key clinical trial data for current and emerging therapies for the treatment of MS
- Implement strategies to select optimal evidence-based treatments for patients in the early stages of MS
- Formulate individualized treatment plans for patients with MS
- Discuss approaches to shared decision-making to optimize patient adherence to the selected treatment
Patricia Coyle, MD
Professor of Neurology
Vice Chair, Clinical Affairs
Department of Neurology
Director, Stony Brook MS Comprehensive Care Center
Stony Brook University Medical Center
Stony Brook, NY
Joseph R. Berger, M.D
Professor of Neurology,
Associate Chief of MS Division
Perelman School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania
Clyde E. Markowitz, MD
Director, Multiple Sclerosis Center
Associate Professor of Neurology
Perelman School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty, Staff, and Planners’ Disclosures
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities.
- Patricia K. Coyle, MD
- Grant/Research Support: Actelion, Alkermes, Celgene, CorEvitas, Genentech/Roche, Genzyme/Sanofi, Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, MedDay, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Novartis
- Consultant: Accordant, Biogen, Bristol Myers Squibb, Celgene, Genzyme/Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline, Horizon Therapeutics, Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Mylan, Novartis, Viela Bio
- Speaker’s Bureau: Accordant, Biogen, Bristol Myers Squibb, Celgene, Genzyme/Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline, Horizon Therapeutics, Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Mylan, Novartis, Viela Bio
- Joseph R. Berger, M.D
- Grant/Research Support: Biogen and Genentech/Roche
- Consultant: Celgene/Bristol Myers Squibb, Cellevolve, EMD Serono/Merck & Co, Genentech/Roche, Genzyme, Janssen/Johnson & Johnson, Morphic Therapeutic, NeuVIR, Novartis, Sanofi, Takeda, and TG Therapeutics
- Other Support: Scientific Advisory or Data Safety Monitoring board for MAPI and Excision Bio Therapeutics
- Clyde E. Markowitz, MD
- Consultant: Actelion, Alexion, Bayer, Biogen, Bristol Myers Squibb, Celgene, Genentech/Roche, Genzyme/Sanofi, Merck & Co/EMD Serono, Novartis, Teva Pharmaceuticals
PER® mitigated all COI for faculty, staff, and planners prior to the start of this activity by using a multistep process.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
- Complete the activity (including pre- and post-activity assessments).
- Answer the evaluation questions.
- Request credit using the drop-down menu.
You may immediately download your certificate.
Course Viewing Requirements
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and above
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Learners are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this accredited activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent clinical judgment of a health care professional relative to diagnostic, treatment, or management options for a specific patient’s medical condition. The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of PER® or any company that provided commercial support for this activity.